Localization Program Manager (remote)
- Translation, Localization, Interpretation Jobs
- Management (incl. project, product management & human resources)
Role: Localization Program Manager
Location: Redmond WA
Duration: 9 months with possible extension later.
- Work closely with different translation agencies to deliver translation and localization for multiple launch projects
- Obtain source files from requesters and/or Curriculum Development team, analyze files and source content for localizability, and flag any risk
- Prepare for a hand off package and send to vendor
- Track and monitor project statuses, and manage queries from vendors
- Feed any source related issues back to Curriculum Development
- Verify Hand back from vendor
- Manage escalation
- Track and report performance metrics
- Consolidate QA metrics
- Assist with operational tasks, e.g. data entries and sorting.
- 3+ years of experience in localization
- BA/BS or 2+ years equivalent work experience in localization, internationalization, project management, or program management
- Thorough understanding of translation technologies: translation memories, translation management systems, machine translation, etc.
- Familiar with Content Management Systems
- Communication skills, experience to work effectively across time zones and cultures
- Superior written, verbal, and visual communication skills in English
- Familiarity with Amazon Localization Environment and Tools
- Experience working with a global team
- Experience working in fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and able to manage multiple priorities well
- Self-driven and ability to be both strategic and execution oriented.
- Deliverable management
- Advanced language knowledge
- Business Process Understanding
- Time management