Translation Project Manager - U.S. Hours
- Translation, Localization, Interpretation Jobs
- Management (incl. project, product management & human resources)
Due to continued growth, primarily gained through client referrals and a reputation for excellence, we are seeking experienced Translation Project Managers (at various levels, mainly Project Coordinators and Project Managers) to further support our US client relationships and translation delivery from our London and Seville offices - working US Hours.
The position is open for candidates in London and Seville, Spain, and the working hours are from 2 - 10.30 pm UK time.
The role is a full translation Project Coordinator/Project Manager role and requires strong project management skills, ability to adapt to a rapidly changing & growing business, multi-task, think independently, and driving workload to successful completion in a team and multi-office environment.
This is a great opportunity for upcoming Translation Project Managers who are smart, organised, self-motivated and enthusiastic to work with the team to continue to grow the business.
Typical responsibilities will include:
- Project manage language service projects independently & lead client relationship management and service delivery for GlobaLexicon clients
- Use principles, methods and GlobaLexicon tools to effectively manage/coordinate the projects under their accountability from initiation through to delivery and support team members in managing their projects
- Determine resource requirements (e.g. linguist, budget, timing) and optimal cost structure based on language project objectives and operational needs
- Ensure project resources maintain a high level of quality and professional and ethical standards
- Proactively lead the identification of any potential issues and resolve and close identified gaps
- Communicate effectively (verbal and written) and participate in business development efforts and client meetings
- Working hours: 2 - 10.30pm UK time working with the rest of the European and US Project Management team
Skills and Experience:
- BA degree in translation/linguistics. MA preferred
- Language skills: fluent English and native in one other language (eg. German, Japanese, Spanish, Dutch, French, Chinese, or others). Fluent/advanced in third language advantageous
- Translation project management experience
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing and growing business
- Ability to act on direction and rapidly implement
- Experience working in a translation agency or languages department within an end client preferred
- Experience in sectors such as market research, healthcare/pharma, transcreation/marketing, and technical fields
- Proven knowledge (Advanced) of CAT tools
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Very Strong skills in MS Office Applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Microsoft Office
- Advanced Excel Skills (queries, pivot tables, formulas, macros)
- Ability to use project management software
- Time management
Please include a cover note with your application. GlobaLexicon are recruiting for our London and Seville offices via this post