Schwickert's Project Manager Intern
- Management (incl. project, product management & human resources)
- Engineering, Construction, Manufacturing, Technical, Utilities Jobs
- Provide assistance in developing and tracking sales, sales leads, and promotes department services. Interacts with other departments to promote cooperative sales and production efforts.
- Oversees and directs efforts related to production and quality control.
- Estimates job costs and presents all proposals to be submitted for review.
- Performs the management of projects to meet targeted schedules and costs. Ensures rapid project close-out and turnover.
- Purchases materials and utilizes competent inventory analysis and inventory control.
- Completes billings, approves invoices, material slips, and coordinates with the payroll department in overseeing payroll/timecards for respective projects.
- Resolves disputes with clients.
- Reports all issues which are or may be detrimental to the well-being of the company.
- Maintains, institutes, and protects all company equipment, vehicles and personnel policies.
- Tracks and controls labor and material costs of jobs.
- Set up individual projects.
- Invoice contract and time and material projects.
- Works with prime and subcontractors on all phases of projects including schedules, change orders, submittals, quality control, etc.
- Oversees day to day production maximizing daily revenues.
- Directs customer relation efforts related to field personnel.
- Reviews purchase orders, contracts, and proposals to verify that they do not compromise company policy or exceed intended scope of work.
- Fields customer requests, questions and complaints to the appropriate department.
Education/Experience: Pursuing Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Construction Management or related field.
- Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, business correspondence, and memos. Capability to write correspondence, effectively present information in one-on-one, or group presentations to customers, vendors and/or subcontractors and other employees of the organization. Bi-lingual communication skills would be considered a benefit.
- Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, aptitude to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Project Estimating software, Microsoft Excel, Access, and Word.
- Strong interpersonal skills; oral and written communication skills. Valid Drivers license and clean driving record. Must not be afraid of heights and must be able to position extension ladder to access roof for roof inspection/survey.
- Microsoft Office
- Word processing
- Advanced Excel Skills (queries, pivot tables, formulas, macros)
- Cross-functional collaboration
- Deliverable management
- Ability to use project management software
- Advanced writing skills
- Conflict resolution
Schwickert's offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, paid time off, paid holidays, etc. This position includes a commission incentive program.