- Sales (inc. pre-sales and lead-generation)
- Management (incl. project, product management & human resources)
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Bid Writer to join their Plant & Fleet business unit to work in Derby.
To support the sustainable growth of the Plant & Fleet Services SBU by supporting the business with the production of market-leading bids, proposals, tenders, presentations and brochures. Also collating, analysing, and communicating sales pipeline opportunities.
You will have the following accountabilities:
- Working with business and work winning leads to identify, analyse and communicate opportunities for all parts of our diverse business;
- Acting as bid lead undertaking the management of the bid in line with Balfour Beatty’s governance processes;
- Manage and articulate a wide range of technical, commercial and work winning solutions to those at Senior Management and Board Level;
- Develop and manage a network of subject matter experts, working to articulate high quality technical work winning solutions to agreed deadlines;
- Lead and co-ordinate input and responses for all phases of the tendering process (PQQ, ITT) covering commercial and financial aspects;
- Identify, develop and re-work existing content in line with specific questions and individual client requirements;
- Develop bid responses using existing and new techniques with the ability to re-write / edit proposal responses from a variety of stakeholders.
You will have the following qualities and experience:
- Good communication and people skills;
- Demonstrate ability to multitask and adhere to deadlines;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Proactive and solution focussed;
- Well-organised with a customer orientated approach;
- Excellent writing skill;
- Good numerical skill;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office;
- Educated to a degree level;
- Experience in writing/ bid management.
- Microsoft Office
- Data Interpretation and Charting
- Financial Calculation of costs and taxes
- Advanced writing skills
- Attention to detail
The company values diversity and celebrates individual differences, believing that their inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic, and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Their aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help them build on their inclusive culture. They are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which they demonstrate their commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourages applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans, and reservists.