Project Support Coordinator
- Management (incl. project, product management & human resources)
Our client, a world class European Association in the healthcare, has recently secured funding from the EU International Medicines Innovation (IMI) to fund a four year project called “Setting International Standards for the Analysis of Quality of Life” (SISAQOL).
This project needs a Project Coordinator for four years to help manage the activities of this research.
The Project Coordinator will manage the daily activities and provide scientific and research support for SISAQOL-IMI, an international multi-stakeholder project funded by the Innovative Medicines Initiative (IMI), with the goal to improve standards in the design, analysis and interpretation of patient reported outcome (PRO) and health-related quality of life (HRQoL) data in cancer clinical trials.
The SISAQOL-IMI Project Coordinator works under the hierarchical supervision of the Head of the Quality of Life Department. They are expected to play an active role in research in the department and collaborate with other departments.
This position is based at our client Headquarters in Brussels and provides the opportunity to work closely with international partners, including regulatory and HTA bodies, statisticians, clinicians, PRO experts, academics, and industry professionals.
Main responsibilities/ Major activities
- Takes overall responsibility for project management according to SISAQOL-IMI policies and processes, including scheduling and prioritizing activities at project level.
- Coordinates the management team and manages SISAQOL-IMI Consortium members and external stakeholders (incl. communication, contracts, budgets)
- Manages communication with Consortium members and project management team, including reporting and escalation of issues/conflicts beyond project level
- Provides high level scientific and research support for the various SISAQOL-IMI activities
- Perform scientific, logistic, operational and administrative tasks related to the SISAQOL-IMI activities
- Writing and presenting project scientific reports
- Manages and coordinates the SISAQOL-IMI scientific evidence based consensus meetings
- At least a master’s degree (but ideally a PhD) in Psychology, Social Sciences, Outcomes Research, Clinical research, or equivalent degree with excellent organizational and communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of English (both oral and written) and high level diplomatic skills
- Knowledge of and/or experience with patient-reported outcomes and quality of life is an asset
- Proficient with MS Office tools
- A proactive profile, result oriented and problem solver, who gets things done both through both formal channels and informal networks
- Open minded profile, with strong desire to learn
- Organized and results-oriented person with the ability to integrate in a multilingual and multicultural environment,
- Previous experience in pro-actively managing large international studies is an asset
- Team player with strong leadership skills, using open communication and influencing skills to work effectively within teams and across functions
- Motivated and has a strong sense of responsibility
- Ability to write scientific reports, and to present scientific findings are international meetings and conferences
- Microsoft Office
- Cross-functional collaboration
- Advanced writing skills
- Team player
- Strong work ethic