Translator - French Creole
- Translation, Localization, Interpretation Jobs
- Administrative office management jobs
- Transport, Logistics, Procurement, Import/Export Jobs
Input data into various databases, spreadsheets or other documents needed by department – specifically downtime.
Translation of written documents including company policies and memorandums.
Interpretation of spoken French/Creole languages to include: attending medical appointments with employees, assistance with interviewing and hiring, and any other communications.
Filing and maintaining records for department as needed.
Must be discreet and able to maintain confidentiality.
Travel onto warehouse floor to engage with employees, either with or without Management personnel present.
Conduct audits of sanitation and safety conditions as time allows.
May be required to learn duties of other positions in order to provide backup for extended absences as necessary.
Other duties as assigned by Manager as they become necessary.
Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
Good working knowledge of English grammar, punctuation, spelling and style.
Good working knowledge of French/Creole grammar, punctuation, spelling and style.
Should be able to accurately proofread and pay special attention to detail.
Must have general knowledge of computers and ability to learn job specific software. Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Outlook are specifically used in addition to WIN and Red Prairie.
Ability to accurately type 50wpm or more.
Must be able to operate general office equipment such as: copier, fax, scanner, laminator, and printer.
May be necessary to answer telephone and greet public in a friendly and courteous manner, take messages and transfer calls as appropriate.
High School diploma required. Associates or equivalent experience preferred.
- Microsoft Office
- Managing office supplies
- Typing and typing speed
- Outlook Express
- Multi-line phone proficiency
- Customer relations
- Advanced language knowledge
- Advanced writing skills
- Proofreading and editing skills
- Attention to detail
- Sitting for extensive periods of time.
- May have to travel through warehouse environment of between 34 degrees Fahrenheit and -20 degrees Fahrenheit to reach assigned work area or to perform certain functions of the job.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- Manual dexterity to manipulate tools of job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Pay: $18.00/hr
- Pay differential: $1.00 for second shift
- $4.00 premium for time worked outside of Mon-Fri, 8:00am - 4:00pm