Project Manager Language Services, with Chinese, Remote
- Translation, Localization, Interpretation Jobs
We are building a new team - PPD’s Language Services (LS) organization and we are hiring for a Project Manager. This role manages mid-size and larger translation project process flows throughout its complete life cycle. Assigns and manages the work of linguists, language specialists, and desktop publishers.
This role is for a seasoned, experienced professional with understanding of the area of specialization, who resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. This job is the fully qualified, career-oriented, journey-level position. Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Plans, schedules, and performs risk management of projects.
- Allocates linguists, language specialists, and desktop publishers on any given project.
- Tracks project progress to ensure quality, deliveries and cost to stay on plan.
- Manages day to day relationship with client on project matters, including status reports and project solutions.
- Facilitates effective communication within project team.
- Ensures completion of all project-driven administration and financial processes.
- Collects KPI data for assigned clients.
- Drives innovation to project the project management process.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities Required
- 2 to 5+ years proven project management experience, preferred in localization industry.
- Chinese speaker or Chinese native. These role will require working/overlapping the time zones of China.
- CAT/TMS tool experience required.
- Proven skills of multi-tasking, time management, organization, and attention to detail.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite.
Education / Experience
- 'Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification.
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 2 to 5+ years).
- Microsoft Office
- Advanced language knowledge
- Advanced writing skills
At PPD clinical research services we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. We understand that you will want to grow both professionally and personally throughout your career, and therefore at PPD clinical research services you will benefit from an award-winning learning and development programme , ensuring you reach your potential.
As well as being rewarded a competitive salary, we have an extensive benefits package based around the health and well-being of our employees. We have a flexible working culture , where PPD clinical research services truly value a work-life balance. We’ve grown sustainably year on year but continue to offer a collaborative environment, with teams of colleagues eager to share expertise and have fun together. We are a global organization but with a local feel.