- Marketing and PR, Advertising and Creative Media Jobs
Mendoza Group, Inc. is seeking an experienced translator to join our translation family. If you have a passion and desire for working in the translation and language service industry, then we want to hear from you.
Full-time: Monday – Friday, 9 AM – 5 PM EST
The position of the English-Spanish Translator is responsible for translation of documents in English to Spanish. To succeed in this role, you must be bilingual in Spanish and have the ability to write, in Spanish and English, at a professional level.
The position requires someone who is highly organized, detail oriented, committed, deadline-driven, self-motivated and possesses strong technical and communication skills. This person must be able to execute the following duties with minimal supervision:
· Ability to translate English documents into Spanish. Types of documents primarily will include member communications (letters and forms relative to the healthcare industry). Experience with translation of marketing materials also a plus (handbooks, flyers, brochures, etc.).
· Excellent translation, writing and communication skills.
· Ensure both accuracy and contextual relevance of translated materials.
· Ability to work under tight deadlines.
· Provide quality assurance of translated documents.
· Resolve issues that are associated with translation, localization and culture.
· Implement feedback and changes when needed.
· Collect and determine completion of all information before entering data into software platforms.
· Move and organize job files.
· Perform final quality check on documents to ensure adherence to quality standards (proofreading, final eye…).
· Edit documents to add or remove sensitive information as required (experience with Adobe Acrobat’s Redaction Tool and Microsoft Word).
· Meet agreed upon productivity expectations and performance standards.
· Learn and adhere to Mendoza Group specific preferences, procedures, and standards.
· Act independently in problem solving formatting issues on complex documents.
Skills and Qualifications Required
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Minimum of five years of professional or academic experience in English to Spanish translation
· Fluent in Spanish and English
· Experience or familiarity with healthcare terminology a plus
· Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects while maintaining accuracy and quality
· In depth knowledge of Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat
· Effective written and verbal communication skills in English
· Excellent proficiency in general computer applications
· Must possess a strong attention to detail and a willingness to learn new things
· Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to work under tight deadlines
· Commitment to a high level of service
· Be able to work independently as well as in a team
· Familiarity with Trados Studio or other translation platform, preferred but not required
Availability: Monday – Friday, some weekends.
Pay: Compensation is commensurate with experience.
- Microsoft Office
- Advanced language knowledge
- Advanced writing skills
- Team player
Pay: $24.00 - $28.00 per hour
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday