Junior Translation Vendor Manager
- Translation, Localization, Interpretation Jobs
Language Insight is looking for a Junior Vendor Manager to work alongside our Vendor Manager. The successful candidate will help to grow the department, and build strong professional relationships both internally and externally, so that we can continue to provide outstanding support to our clients as we grow. Whilst the candidate’s experience is paramount, the right candidate must also be self-driven, professional, and determined.
The position will ideally be based in one of our two UK offices (London or Preston). Candidates must have the right to work in the UK.
What does the role involve?
The Junior Vendor Manager will work alongside the Vendor Manager, supporting with the recruitment of freelancers, and these positions will typically be for translators, proofreaders, coders, and transcribers and all for a variety of language combinations.
Working hours for this position will be 0900 – 1730 Mon-Fri.
- Supporting the Vendor Manager by helping to write content for job adverts and by advertising new vacancies.
- Monitoring and maintaining our linguist database to make sure all information is up-to-date and accurate at all times.
- Proactively sourcing linguists for new projects.
- Updating the linguist distribution list regularly.
- Receiving and reviewing new applications.
- Managing the scoring system for quality control.
- Sending test files, verifying returned work according to quality assurance policy, and providing candidates with constructive feedback.
- Communicating with freelancers swiftly and in an appropriate, friendly, and professional manner.
- Working with freelancers to gather updates on availability, whilst ensuring the Project Management Teams are updated at the same time.
- Ensuring that all essential documentation has been received and the data is entered into our TMS system.
What skills & qualifications are needed for this role?
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Excellent customer service.
- Ability to respond quickly to urgent requests.
- Ability to multi-task and manage deadlines effectively.
- Ability to work as part of a team and under pressure.
- Attention to detail.
- Proficient MS Office skills, specifically MS Excel.
- Experience in translation project management or recruitment will be considered a plus.
- Microsoft Office