Head of Translation Operations
- Market Research, Research Jobs
The Head of Translation Operations is a strategic position within the Translation Team to ensure delivery of the strategic objectives and achieve appropriate compliance and governance for the Crick.
These include but are not limited to:
- Deliver the translation strategy of the Crick Institute with the Translation Director.
- Write translation strategic documents, operational documents and internal and external communications for use by the Crick, the team and external audiences.
- Lead the creation and delivery of planned internal and external Translation communications at the Crick, working closely with the Crick Communications team.
- Write reports and briefings for use by the Director, Board and Executive.
- Identify potential operational issues and advise and develop solutions to address them, working with Crick operational teams, scientists and external parties.
- Continuous improvement of the structures and procedures to ensure effective operation of the translation team.
- Lead the appropriate data archiving to deliver accurate data analysis for key translation activities, outputs and KPIs.
- Oversight of the programme management of the proof of concept/ proof of mechanism translational projects under the Idea to Innovation (i2i) scheme, and Translation Fund.
- Write the Funder’s reports and compile the ResearchFish outputs for Crick Translational grant activities. Work with funders of translational projects (MRC, LifeArc, Chris Banton Foundation) as necessary.
- Accountable for the translation risk register.
- Responsible for the effective management of Translation core budget working closely with the Crick finance team. Oversight of grant pre- and post-award processes, liaising with finance and grants teams as required.
- Ensure effective liaison between institute operations and the translation team so that processes and activities are efficient and do not hinder the science.
- Arrange team activities and practices to maintain an inclusive working environment
- Responsible for translation team recruitment as needed, working closely with the Crick HR team.
- Provide guidance and solutions to the team in relation to the appropriate procedures required by other Crick departments.
Qualifications, experience and competencies:
- Significant experience in strategic planning and development, within a scientific or research-focused organisation.
- Highly adept at working within and across teams to facilitate team effectiveness
- Experience working with senior teams, advising, and influencing senior individuals.
- Experience of establishing and managing operational or governance structures
- Extensive experience in research or education management in a research organisation.
- Experience of budget, people management, and risk management.
- Experience of developing and managing relationships, both internal and external.
- Highly developed written and face-to-face communications skills with the ability to convey clear and compelling messages suitable for a variety of audiences.
- Ability to revise multiple drafts following both self-editing and feedback from reviewers; ability to tactfully resolve differing opinions of reviewers.
- Experience of amassing and analysing information and proposing options and/or recommendations.
- Excellent standards of accuracy, consistency and attention to detail.
- Problem solving and strategic thinking skills.
- Project and programme management skills
- Deal tactfully at all levels of the organisation to resolve conflicts.
- Ability to be curious, and flexible, working on a wide range of projects and tasks, including areas where he/she has little formal knowledge or background.
- Graduate within a scientific discipline. PhD preferred.
- Marketing research