Editor, Translator (Japanese)
- IT, Software development, System Engineering Jobs
Dataminr’s Editors are an essential component of our company’s success - ensuring the alerts we send to our clients are of the best possible quality and making the AI platform more advanced.
As an Editor on our Domain Expert team, you will annotate, label and edit signals from our data feeds. You will be an integral part of our algorithm training process and our advanced real-time human-AI feedback loop that integrates key knowledge domains into our AI models. As an Editor on our Domain Expert team, you will also play a key role in defining new factors to improve our alerts, data source coverage, machine learning, and AI models.
Please note that this role requires projects and meetings outside of business hours.
12 month, Full-time, Fixed term contract
Who You Are
You are a highly motivated individual who (1) thrives in a real-time information environment; (2) is a mission-oriented team player who wants to make an impact on the world; and (3) serves as the in-house expert on Dataminr style in relevant language Japanese.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Native level language expertise in Japanese (parts of our interview will be in Japanese)
- Bachelor’s degree required; ideally with a concentration in linguistics, English, international affairs
- Deep understanding of geopolitical risk issues that affect all continents and industries.
- Ability to monitor and analyse data in a fast-paced environment in both English and relevant language, if necessary.
- Passion for breaking events, current world events, technology, and a great understanding of both social media and publicly available data
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Annotate complex breaking news events in Japanese
- Provide expertise on a particular subject matter to improve our AI models
- Ability to make real-time decisions with incomplete data
- Collaborate and communicate in a team-centric environment on daily priorities
- Identify any software issues to elevate to our product and engineering teams
- Advanced language knowledge
- Advanced writing skills
- We recognise and reward hard work with:
- competitive compensation package including equity
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents such as Health and Dental insurance, Vision Care and Income Protection and Life Insurance
- pension with company match
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous leave, including two additional volunteer days
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical wellbeing, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
- discounted Gym Membership