- Banking, Finance, Insurance, Accounting and Trade jobs
Translate from English to French texts related mainly to finance, investments and economics from a marketing perspective, but which may also be related to banking, law or other fields from time to time.
- Translate and adapt high-profile financial texts for clients, as well as internal communications.
- Ensure clarity of style, use of Canadian financial terminology and respect for the message conveyed by the original text.
- Translate using translation aids and conduct the research necessary for a high quality translation.
- Juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Communicates with the requestor as needed to obtain clarification of the mandate when all relevant details are not provided or when interpretation difficulties arise.
- Ensures the highest quality of service to clients by ensuring that all service level commitments are met or exceeded.
- Work in conjunction with other members of the department, particularly on team projects for large or time sensitive jobs.
- Contributes to the overall work environment and smooth operation of the department.
COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES
- Three to eight years experience as a translator
- Excellent knowledge of French and English
- Thorough knowledge of the translation process (university degree in translation)
- Knowledge of finance, investments or economics
- Proficiency in translation tools and standard computer programs
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Accuracy and thoroughness: ensures that work is completed completely, correctly, and is of high caliber.
- Autonomy: Holds self accountable for the quality of work.
- Customer First: provides courteous and friendly service in a timely manner.
- Efficiency: demonstrates the ability to manage time and priorities well
- Teamwork: works effectively with other team members to achieve common goals; contributes to a positive work environment.
- Development: Keeps current by reading professional articles and journals; identifies and takes action on personal development needs.
- Advanced language knowledge