Translator - Revisor Dutch ( English - French)
- Transport, Logistics, Procurement, Import/Export Jobs
bpost is always on the move. We create an environment for our people with challenging projects, inspiring collaborations and the latest technologies, with interesting job opportunities and training programs for every employee.
Within this context, we are looking for a Translator - Revisor English – French.
1. Translating general and specialized texts:
- Receiving and possibly discussing the tasks to be performed with the project manager and/or colleagues
- Translating using CAT tools (Studio, Multiterm, NMT), in the desired layout and within the set deadlines
- Submitting the translation to a colleague for revision
- Discussing any comments with the revising colleague and correcting any errors
2. Revising translations submitted by colleagues and external translation agencies:
- Check the correctness (language errors, content, terminology ...) of submitted translations, consult on the revised translations with the colleague or, in case of quality problems, forward the translation to the Translation Manager or a senior colleague for consultation with the external translation agency.
3. Provide language advice to internal clients:
- Analyzing the information provided
- Performing the necessary searches
- Formulating the correct answer for the internal client
4. Manage, plan and follow up simple to moderately complex requests:
- Analyzing the client's request and requesting additional information if necessary
- Consult with the customer about the execution if necessary, and prepare a correct offer for outsourcing if required
- Planning the job and assigning the various subtasks to internal or external suppliers
- Follow up the execution by external suppliers
5. Contributing to the implementation of various improvement projects within the Translation Department (updating terminology, sharing knowledge with colleagues, being open to new initiatives ...)
6. Subtitling short videos using subtitling tools (internal training as needed)
- You have a degree or university level in translation or a language discipline
- You have excellent writing skills in your mother tongue
- Familiarity with translation and terminology software packages
- Familiarity with tools/methods that improve translation process efficiency
- You have in depth language skills of Dutch (mother tongue) and advanced skills in English and French
- Knowledge of German and/or subtitling tools is appreciated
- Knowledge of MS Office applications (formatting skills …) is required
- Excellent time management, organizational skills and ability to prioritize and work under pressure
- A professional translation experience
- Microsoft Office
- Advanced language knowledge
Like many other companies, we offer a monthly salary (with an end-of-year bonus and double holiday pay) as well as an attractive benefits package, including meal vouchers, hospitalization insurance, group insurance, variable bonus, 20 days statutory leave plus 7 extra days offered by bpost and benefits from more than 100 partners.
This is what distinguishes us from other companies:
You benefit from a great deal of autonomy and flexibility that we concretize, among other things, through our home-working policy.
Thanks to the many training programs and career opportunities with one of Belgium's largest employers, you will be on a huge growth path.