Data Engineer (Remote)
- IT, Software development, System Engineering Jobs
Your role at a glance
Are you an incrediblly versitile Data Anayst with experiance of SQl, Powershell, Wherescape and Snowflake? can you help Legal and General Shape the use of their Data? Do you have an eagle eye for detail, and can you turn that into creating a ouputs where the benefits for our business are amazing? You will join a small and dynamic team which is flat in structure, and a business whose culture is entrepreneurial!
What we're looking for
- Proven track record of delivering data engineering solutions including ETL development, data streaming, data Integration and analytics.
- Ability to communicate to all levels of stakeholders is essential; ability to demonstrate the communication of complex data management issues to non-technical stakeholders a prerequisite.
- Knowledge of modern data paradigms within the cloud in order to enable a business to maximise its value from data.
- Technologies: Wherescape, SSIS, ADF, Jenkins, PowerBI, Tableau, RBDMS: Oracle, MSSQL, Postgress. Snowflake, Databricks, Kafka, DataIQ and QuerySurge.
- Significant hands on technical experience within a data/ analytics and engineering team.
What you'll be doing
To lead, define and direct data engineers and junior engineers in the planning and achievement of sprint tasks from which all engineer roles will create technical solutions. Due to their seniority and knowledge the most advance tasks will be in this postholder’s hands. These solutions will mean that the business can identify commercial opportunities or understand why they are needed.
To attend DataOps Design Authority to provide input and lead in specific actions and areas of importance to the engineering team all of these adding to our data value delivery methods, this will enable operational efficiency.
To be a role model to our data artefacts which will include leading on planning, task completion, unit testing, peer review, release, meta data, data modelling and deployment which will demonstrate application of the right control and accuracy of output.
To create and input meta data to sufficient levels leading others in this area, which will assist the business in understanding what they are able to do with it and give literacy.
To manage the team in accordance with the Company’s policies and procedures, including the Partnership Agreement, so that the team’s business objectives are achieved consistently
To convert user stories to technical tasks from which junior engineers will be able to work from as well as the specifics you are accountable for. To translate the business goal to a technical one achieving the solution for the business as a result.
To use a number of modern data platform tools set up in an agile delivery method to progress in a journey towards continuous integration and deployment of projects in the cloud.
- Customer relationship manager (CRM)
- Data Analytics
- Operating Systems
- Data entry
- Attention to detail
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 27 days' holiday, an annual supplement for private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.