Senior Design Engineer
- IT, Software development, System Engineering Jobs
To provide cover for an existing Engineer who will be going on Maternity leave. Candidate must cover for the complete duration of the leave, with addition months for suitable handover before and after. You will be joining a team of 9 Engineers; however, this role is mostly individual and so you must be: confident in your ability, disciplined when working to agreed timescales and have an ability to work under pressure. Support from the wider Engineering team will be available where required.
You'll be involved in the following tasks:
- To take on and progress current projects to design and prototype bespoke valve products into defence applications by facilitating the design, development and qualification process (DDQ).
- Use own experience and expertise to develop internal capabilities to design and manage products, projects and processes.
- To support local manufacturing and assembly teams by helping to problem solve issues with applicable products as they arise.
- Expected daily duties include: project management, reviewing design specifications and summarising requirements, 3D modelling & 2D detailing, design verification using analytical and numerical methods, root cause analysis, writing summary reports and supporting the review of manufacturing concession request.
What Do You Need For This Job
This role will require that you work with Official Sensitive information, therefore some of the following requirements reflect this:
Attainment of Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance in which the following checks will be carried out:
Right to Work , Fill ID check , Criminal records check , Employment history check
- 7 years or more experience in a Design Engineering based role
- Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent
- A valid UK Passport – a prerequisite to obtaining UK government clearance
- Available for occasional travel < 5%
- Proficiency using 3D CAD packages for 3D modelling and 2D detailing with an understanding of limits, fits and tolerances
- Confident and effective communicator
Preferred Experience / Skills
- Charted Engineering status
- Experience designing valves or pressure vessels including industry recognised design codes, e.g. ASME codes & calculation methods
- Project management experience
- Autodesk Inventor experience
- Manufacturing environment experience
- Numerical simulation expertise – FEA (linear, non-linear, static & dynamic)
- Engineering calculation expertise
- Root cause analysis & problem-solving experience
- Data Analytics
- Operating Systems
- Data entry
- Data Interpretation and Charting
- Ability to use project management software
- Multinational & dynamic working environment
- 25 Days holiday
- Medicaid cash plan
- Life assurance