Business Development Manager
- Sales (inc. pre-sales and lead-generation)
- Management (incl. project, product management & human resources)
The M&P Market Specialist will have responsibility for the growth and account retention within their given geographical region (covering the East Midlands and South East). Being able to both understand and then execute our growth, pricing and account management strategies is key, and will require attention to detail and the ability to manage competing priorities. As the voice of the customer within the business, the role requires a high level of interaction with both commercial and operational teams.
The Market Specialist will be required to prospect, negotiate and close their new business sales in line with the Air Liquide Commercial Policy. In addition to this, the Market Specialist will manage an existing portfolio of contracted customers and ensure that thorough account plans are created and deployed, as well as delivering price management activities as directed. The ability to build strong interpersonal relationships with stakeholders of all levels of seniority within customers is essential
How you'll make an impact:
- Business Development: Prospect, Negotiate and Close new business opportunities in line with the Air Liquide commercial policy.
- Account Management: Ensure that thorough account plans are in place and used to drive value added activities within the business relationship.
- Customer Relationships: Develop relationships at all stakeholder levels within the customer base and ensure that their needs are met and understood by the business.
- Pricing: Deploy pricing actions as directed by the commercial management team.
- Creation of business case: Work with the commercial management team to secure investment for assets to facilitate new business opportunities within the region.
- Commercial Intelligence: Responsibility for building and maintaining competitive and market intelligence at individual customer / regional level.
- The ability to build excellent internal relationships across Commercial and Operational teams, and to be the voice of the customer within the organisation.
- Customer Records Management: Engage fully with the CRM to ensure that customer information is recorded accurately and can be understood by others.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- A demonstrable history of consistently achieving new business and commercial targets
- Experience of prospecting, negotiating and closing complex (contracted) sales.
- The ability to build and grow strong relationships across an organisation and with external customers.
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing, communication and organisational skills.
- The ability to create and subsequently communicate customer facing documents and presentations to a high standard.
- Customer relationship manager (CRM)
- Database and Queries
- Account management
- Content Creation and Management
- Skilled Collaborator
Location: Coleshill, West Midlands, UK
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum - Car, Bonus Plan, Extended parental support leave, open to discussing flexible working, mentoring schemes, perks at work, dedicated talent development team to help your career progress, generous pension scheme, mental health wellbeing ambassador support