European Gas/LNG Sector Analyst (Remote )
- Sales, Business Development, Business Consulting
- Management (incl. project, product management & human resources)
- Market Research, Research Jobs
- Charities Jobs (non-profit organization)
The Institute for Energy Economics and Financial Analysis (IEEFA) is seeking a Gas/LNG Analyst for a contracted consultant role based in Europe. We are looking for an experienced professional with deep knowledge of the Gas/LNG sector in Europe. The consultant must also possess a commitment to IEEFA's mission to accelerate the transition to a diverse, sustainable and profitable energy economy.
IEEFA is a rapidly-growing NGO/nonprofit that conducts research and analysis on financial and economic issues related to energy markets, trends and policies. Headquartered in the United States, IEEFA has a team of analysts and communications personnel located across the globe.
IEEFA produces a significant volume of original research, as well as ongoing analysis and reports on issues affecting energy industries. Our major research reports, daily commentaries, press coverage and other resources can be found on our website: www.ieefa.org.
The organization’s research products and commentary are used by a variety of organizations and individuals involved in the energy industry, including just-transition organizations, environmental organizations, business and labor leaders, market analysts, academic researchers and educators, legislators, attorneys and government administrators. IEEFA’s work is widely cited across the mainstream press and in trade publications.
- Producing written research, analysis and commentary for publication and internal use on energy transition issues across Europe, with a focus on gas. Issues to examine may include:
- --> Financial risks of new infrastructure, such as LNG terminals or gas pipelines
- --> Regulated returns of major gas transmission system operators
- --> Evolution of gas markets, the future role of gas fuels and EU regulatory context
- --> Financing of gas companies and/or infrastructure projects
- --> Alternative gas fuels, such as bio/synthetic methane and hydrogen
- --> Asset-level case studies, such as cashflow analysis of power/heat plants
- Providing timely, relevant information for IEEFA including emerging regional energy issues and themes.
- Establishing and developing relationships between IEEFA and relevant energy and finance professionals and community organizations in Europe, to improve information flow.
- Other duties as mutually agreed.
- A minimum of five years’ experience with financial analysis in the energy sector, or a related field.
- Minimum Bachelor’s level degree qualification.
- Fluent in English, plus one (or more) of the following languages: Dutch, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Greek.
- Strong understanding of gas/LNG, oil, renewables, mining, power and heating markets.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective positive relationships with companies, investors, governments/policy-makers, journalists, campaign groups, and foundations.
- Must be self-motivated, able to work independently, able to multi-task, set priorities and meet deadlines with limited direction while working remotely.
- High degree of technological proficiency and demonstrated ability to learn new software and applications.
- Team oriented with a strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Commitment to IEEFA’s mission (https://ieefa.org/mission).
Preference will be given to residents (or former residents) of the following countries:
- Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, France, Spain, Switzerland, Italy, Greece
- Public speaking
- Corporate culture
- Partnership agreements
- Advanced language knowledge
- Cutural expertise
- Skilled Collaborator
Term and Schedule: The initial contract will be negotiated within a range of 3 and 5 days per week over 6-12 months. This initial contract may be renewed depending on performance and availability of funding.
Travel: Some travel may be required (when it becomes possible).