Senior Business Development Manager M&A
- IT, Software development, System Engineering Jobs
- Market Research, Research Jobs
A Business Development Manager M&A supports the Business Development Lead and Portfolio Managers to pursue acquisitions of vertical market software companies for Volaris Group in Europe. Together with its parent company Constellation Software Inc., Volaris acquires, strengthens, and grows vertical market software businesses for more than 20 years. To keep Volaris’ growth rate at current levels, we need to ensure good coverage with hundreds of owner-led software businesses and not missing the right time to acquire them.
To continue strengthening the DACH team, we are looking for a Junior and a Senior position to be filled to work remotely from Germany.
· A university degree, or equivalent, preferably in business and administration (BWL)
For whom is this role?
- Business fluent in German and English. French and Spanish is a plus.
- 5-10 years of working experience in Sales / M&A
- University graduates who want to dive into software and sales with a unique angle (M&A)
- We treat software M&A as a B2B sales process, and so you receive a clear structure, state-of-the-art tools, and proper coaching and mentoring from Corporate Development Managers to shape and further develop your skills.
- You can further develop into a Corporate Development Manager or move more towards the M&A execution side in later roles as Volaris is very committed to providing an environment where you can grow both personally and professionally.
- Someone who likes working in a fast-paced international environment as you will be joining a dynamic international team.
As a Business Development Manager, a typical day might include the following:
- To research one or more of our strategic verticals to identify the market leading software companies in that space and adding them to our CRM (salesforce.com).
- Specifically doing tradeshow research by analyzing the exhibitor list and determining high-level fit to decide if the tradeshow in focus is worth attending or not.
- Calling into prospect organizations and correctly handling gatekeeper persons to talk directly to C-Level decision makers or to set up conversations and meetings between the CEO and a Volaris Corporate Development Manager.
- Qualifying prospects according to a proven qualification framework mainly over the phone but also through meeting them at their premises or tradeshows.
- Use digital marketing tools to set-up email campaigns and use social media to improve prospecting processes.
- Position Volaris Group as a buy-and-hold-forever investor towards business owners
- Lead conversations towards signing of NDAs to start M&A processes and to hand over the account to the Director of M&A and the responsible Portfolio Manager.
- In case of no immediate possibility for a process, start nurturing the prospect by keeping in regular contact and improving the position of Volaris in the owner’s eyes over time.
- Update Salesforce with all relevant activities.
- Attend weekly coaching and team calls to share best practices with the team.
- Attend trade shows from time to time to get into contact with prospects directly.
If you are interested and meet the requirements for this role, please send your CV, reference letters and a motivation letter.
- Software development
- Marketing plan development
- Advanced language knowledge
- Advanced writing skills
- Business Process Understanding