Back End Engineer (Remote)
- IT, Software development, System Engineering Jobs
Our team previously founded and built RelateIQ (sold to Salesforce in 2014). They’ve witnessed first-hand the evolution of the relationship between companies and customers. Everyone and everything are now connected, and customer expectations are soaring.
Located in Palo Alto, CA, our company is on a mission to empower companies to build experiences people love. We are looking for smart and ambitious individuals who want to help build a company from the ground up.
About the role:
As to be expected in a fast moving start-up, the scope of this position will evolve continuously. Comfort with ambiguity is required. Below is a partial description of the valuable qualities we are looking for in a candidate for a Back End Engineer:
- Consistent track record of designing, developing, testing, deploying, maintaining, and improving software
- Comfort leading individual project priorities, deadlines and results
- Consistent track record of execution and delivery; ability to get stuff done
- Development process flexibility; ability to build software in fast iterative cycles
- Demonstrated passion for coding and problem solving, either within a startup environment and/or side projects in an academic environment
- Strength in collaborating multi-functionally across engineering, design, and product
- Option to work remotely or from our Palo Alto, CA office
A great candidate for this position has:
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages.
- Experience working with two or more from the following: Unix/Linux environments, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, information retrieval, natural language processing, networking, developing large software systems, and/or security software development.
- A working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Bonus points for Kotlin, Java, JVM, Node and Docker
- Backend: Kotlin, Flyway, jOOQ, Gradle, Node
- Infrastructure: AWS, Postgres, DynamoDB, Redis, Lambda, Kubernetes, Vault, Consul, Terraform, Spinnaker
- Front End: Typescript, React, Redux
This role is open to candidates who are located in the U.S. with the option to be remote or work from our Palo Alto, CA office (when reopening is safe)
- Online Networking
- Windows operating system
- Data entry
- Operating systems
- Quality assurance
- Attention to detail
At Airkit, we want our teammates to feel cared for, wherever they are in life. Our benefits package includes:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Unlimited time off to relax and recharge
- Flexible Spending Stipend for you to spend wherever it will benefit you most
- Monthly Team Events & quarterly Hackdays
Not everyone will match the above qualifications 100%. If your experiences don’t perfectly align, but you think you’d be a great fit, we’d still love to hear from you.