Do you have at least 2-3 years of experience in in public relations and communications with a specialized interest and expertise in media and policy relations? Are you looking for freedom in your role as well as the ability to work with a very international scope dealing with 60+ different countries? Are you interested in a non-profit organization culture that works for a greater mission? Are you currently based in the Netherlands with a valid work permit?
Then look no further!
Reporting to the Communications Officer, the Media and Outreach Officer will be responsible for media relations, with a focus on policy makers. This is a great opportunity for a motivated individual to shape the public outreach strategy of a large, international organization.
- Increase the profile among journalists, media, public and policy makers by proactively pitching stories and working with research colleagues to write op-eds and guest articles in external publications
- Train and support spokespeople to represent at public events and in the media
- Plan, prepare and coordinate media events such as press launches of study reports
- Compile media lists and develop and report back on media relations and coverage of work
- Develop and maintain an active network of relevant media contacts, ideally building on existing relationships carried over from previous roles
- Support the Communications Officer with managing and expanding social media channels
- Create content, manage, and update public-facing pages on the website
- Support colleagues with organizing and managing events (e.g. annual research conference)
- Keep up to date with the main issues and debates in education policy and pro-actively identify opportunities for contributions
- Identify opportunities for briefings and dialogue between government officials and the organization's officials
- Prepare communications materials (written and multimedia) to support the recruitment and retention of participants for studies