Partnership Manager - Coops West Africa
- Market Research, Research Jobs
- Telecommunication, Call Centre, Customer Service Jobs
- Management (incl. project, product management & human resources)
Your role at Tony’s
Tony’s Chocolonely exists to make 100% slave free the norm in chocolate. In your role as our new Partnership Manager to the cocoa farming cooperatives that Tony’s works with in Ghana and Ivory Coast, you work at the heart of this mission.
With your help, our strong relationships with the 7 coops will remain as close as they are and new partner coops are onboarded. You ensure that the partnerships will enable the further development of the coops to apply Tony’s 5 sourcing principles. Further, you hold them accountable to perform accurate registrations of the members of their cooperatives as well as GPS-mapping of the plantations. To continuously grow the impact in West Africa, you work closely with our network of partners, consultants, colleagues, LBCs and exporters.
Are you ready to raise the bar in cocoa farming? Here’s what you’ll do:
- Manage the relationship with partner cooperatives and act as their main point of contact at Tony’s
- Work closely with our Serious Farmer Accelerator, Child Rights & Community Developer and Consultants to reach impact goals with the cooperatives
- Help us meet our cocoa bean supply by forming new partnerships with additional cooperatives
- Manage the coop support program and ensure we and the partner cooperatives live up to Tony’s 5 Sourcing Principles
- Ensure all membership lists and GPS mappings are updated. Monitor changes during the season and coordinate follow-up activities to ensure traceability to farmer level
- Enable farmers to earn a living income by ensuring the premiums we pay are spent to a maximum benefit of the farmers. Build on Fairtrade and Utz audits
- Keep in touch with your points of contact via video call etc. and travel to Ghana and Ivory Coast on regular basis
The ideal candidate
As one of our future core colleagues in the Impact team, you come with experience in the cocoa farming business. You know the cocoa industry in West Africa from previous work experience and ideally have worked in West Africa before, too.
As our Ivorian partner cooperatives communicate in French, fluency is French is a must in this position.
You have a proven track record of working on complex topics with a big network of stakeholders. Juggling different balls at the same time, keeping the overview and holding your stakeholders accountable while maintaining a healthy work relationship is something you have experience in.
The Impact team and the role of the Partnership Manager are based in Amsterdam. You live in the Netherlands and are happy to travel to West Africa on a regular basis (around 4 times per year) once the pandemic has cooled down again.
- Relationship building
- Benefits administration
- Process improvement
- Advanced language knowledge
- Business Process Understanding
- Skilled Collaborator
- An enthusiastic team of great, driven colleagues with a lot of love for our mission and Tony’s Chocolonely.
An inspirational and fast-growing international work environment in which you can show that things can be done differently and you will get challenged to raise the bar.
- The possibility to help build Tony’s Chocolonely and our mission. Only together can we change the chocolate industry!
- A minimum of 28 annual leave days, that’s right minimum. More is fine too.
- Once you have a permanent employment contract you are eligible to join our employee shares scheme: Tony’s Golden Wrapper.
- We take your development very seriously and have annual personal training budgets.
- Once we go back to working from the office, a super tasty lunch & enough (healthy) snacks every day. Better than at home, we hear often..
- Working out during work hours; to keep you sharp, and fit! Oh and your sports outfit is on us, of course.
- A pretty sweet office in the middle of the Westerpark in Amsterdam and lots of little surprises to make you feel connected to everyone even though we’re working from home for now.
- Fun! Don’t get us wrong, we know how to work our socks off too, but do this with loads and loads of fun
- And of course, as much chocolate as you can carry!
Sounds like you?
Are you ready to work in a key position for Tony’s mission of slave-free chocolate as our new Partnership Manager? Send us your application now!
We’re aiming to keep everyone as safe as possible during the interview process. Hence, you will get to know us during a call with the Talent Scout and video calls with your future colleagues from the Impact team. We’ll ask you to work on a case study later in the process, too, and you’ll have the chance to meet Paul, the Head of Impact.