Senior Technical Manager (Consumer Products- Retail Specialist)
- Market Research, Research Jobs
- Management Executive
As the Senior Technical Manager, you will develop solutions, protocols, and test plans for our clients based on product specifications and technology features.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Networking with retailer and brand decision-makers to maintain or gain SGS brand recognition
- Support customers, testing labs, and sales team to develop solutions driven by technical expertise in the areas of Electronics / IoT / Technology/ Private label/retailer ranging from R&D to product end of the life cycle
- Participate in trade and industry associations to keep up to date on market requirements and customers trends
- Provide technical and sales support to Local & International SGS Affiliates;
- Work directly with domestic and global SGS laboratories to align testing approach and standards interpretation
- Represent SGS at external technical committee and industry meetings, speak publicly at trade shows on technical topics and publish a quarterly technical newsletter
- Support customers with protocol development and test plans and ensure proper implementation at the lab level
- Function as a technical resource to engineering staff and customers
- Support local certification staff by reviewing and approving projects and supporting documentation
- Assist with training of new and existing staff
- Meet Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) to achieve consistent turnaround time and minimal errors
- Adheres to internal standards, policies, and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or Engineering
- 7-10+ years of experience in a related field
- 3+ years of experience in a multinational organization within a specific category or line of business
- Knowledge of technology products / IoT devices with performance evaluation is an asset
- Knowledgeable on testing / quality assurance requirement (safety/ EMC/ FCC/ Chem…) / production control/ R&D/ Reliability/ Performance
- International / overseas exposure on business activity
- Strong network with retailer & brands QA
- Able to travel outside the US
- Existing STP member is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, good team spirit, and adaptability.
- Ability to communicate effectively with SGS personnel and clients outside the US
- High level of accuracy and good presentation skills.
- Able to work effectively as a team leader.
- Ability to supervise/mentor staff.
- Ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, able to deal with ambiguity.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks at the same time and prioritize them accordingly.
- A thorough knowledge of US and Canada Electrical safety standards
- Ability to interpret specifications to satisfy customer requirements.
- Document management
- Quality assurance
- Relationship building
- Marketing research
- Process improvement
- Time management