Features and Commissioning Editor (remote)
- Legal Jobs
- Marketing and PR, Advertising and Creative Media Jobs
- Journalism Jobs
The Solicitors Journal founded in 1856 is seeking a features Editor.
Experienced journalist to commision, edit and write articles for a 10 issue magazine.
1 or 2 days per week - flexible time
Legal background would be useful, but not essential.
Good communications skills, IT savvy, able to set and meet own deadlines.
Working with a small team of Editors.
Friendly, smart working ambitious team
The successful candidate will be responsible for building a strong network and influential relationships with leading figures in the legal community, establishing important collaborations with law firms and societies, and identifying opportunities for innovation and community-led drivers for publication.
- Your publishing expertise and creativity will match and complement the enthusiasm and dedication of the Editors and editorial boards.
- You will bring your experience in setting, developing and leading the implementation of commissioning plans.
- You will have an excellent understanding of the needs of authors, referees, editors and readers in this field.
- Relevant deep subject knowledge, whether through your career or publishing experience, is important.
As the Features Editor for this portfolio, you will be involved directly in the direction of our journal publishing as it evolves.
- Relationship building
- Time management