Project Manager - Learning and Skills
- Management (incl. project, product management & human resources)
Type: Full time, 7 months fixed contract with possibility to extend
Salary: £35k-£40k, depending on experience
Reports to: Head of Talent and Skills
Location/travel: The post holder will be based in Manchester at our office based on Oxford Road. The role will be a mix of office, home working and local site delivery for projects across Greater Manchester (across 10 local authority areas).
Start date: As soon as possible.
We’re looking for a project manager to join our team to lead on the delivery of an exciting and varied talent and skills project portfolio.
Your job will be to manage digital skills and careers related projects end to end, from promotion and recruitment of participants to coordinating the programme content and design, collating materials and resources, working with experts in the industry, supporting learners through their journey, and evaluating project impacts.
As a Project Manager (Learning and Skills) you will:
- Be the key contact point for a portfolio of projects
- Undertake all aspects of project administration and delivery from report writing and risk management and to budget management and evaluation
- Ensure learners are supported on our digital skills programmes
- Work with employers and industry mentors to design and deliver course and programme content
- Coordinate work-based industry placements
- Recruit and manage a network of mentors and volunteers from our industry partners that will support our programmes
- Compile and publish digital content and resources
- Organise meetings and events
- Build relationships with and communicate with, educators, businesses and other stakeholders
- Ensure core professional and employability skills are embedded programmes
- Promote project benefits and success stories, including the use of social platforms
- Manage learner data and progress
- Contribute to outreach work, with opportunities to engage with young people and adults about careers in technology
- Be aware of and comply with the safeguarding policy, code of conduct, regulations and policies of Manchester Digital and its commitment to equal opportunities.
- Ensure programmes are delivered in compliance with Data Protection and GDPR regulations
- Ensure programmes are delivered in compliance with The Equality Act 2010 and associated regulations
- Previous experience in the design and delivery of training is desirable but not essential
- Some experience in the tech industry is desirable but not essential
- Support wider organisational aims and priorities as required.
Personal Qualities, Aptitudes and Skills:
- Have an understanding of the principles of good project management
- A commitment to Manchester Digital’s mission and values
- Have an understanding/awareness of the digital and technology sector (or willingness to learn) and a genuine interest in the sector
- An innovative self-starter, excited by the prospect of being involved in a dynamic working environment, driving forward projects that will change people’s lives and help grow the technology sector in the region
- Exceptionally well-organised have strong time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Proficient in GSuite/MS Office
- Excels under pressure, maintaining a calm demeanour even when priorities shift
- Have good personal resilience
- Ability to see the bigger picture and think multiple steps ahead
- Proactive problem-solving ability / solution-focused
- Adaptable and patient, able to manage many priorities at once and resolve concerns with empathy and compassion
- Able to manage multiple stakeholder relationships effectively
- Be focused on practical outcomes
- Have the ability to communicate effectively at different levels and with different audiences
- Have an aptitude for team and collaboration working
- Develop processes and effective and efficient working practices
- Take responsibility for your own learning and development
This role comes with a public profile and responsibility. You will have a great deal of autonomy and you’ll be a key part of the decision making from the start.
- Microsoft Office
- Cross-functional collaboration
- Best practice development
- Ability to use project management software
- Team player
Send your CV and a short cover note telling us why you are excited about the opportunity to take on this role, and how your previous experience and skill set will enable you to fulfil the role
Interviews will be held in June / July.