Business Development Manager
- IT, Software development, System Engineering Jobs
- Sales (inc. pre-sales and lead-generation)
- Market Research, Research Jobs
To research market potential and develop a customer base for DerbySoft’s Marketing Services in the Japan region focusing on mid-size hotel groups, representation companies, branded chains and digital marketing agencies.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
● Identify business opportunities across the digital marketing and hospitality sector and assessing their commercial merit for further consideration
● Sell the evolving Marketing Services product portfolio by creating and maintaining leads and target lists for potential new customers
● Facilitate the development of strong commercial and personal relationships between the customer at all levels of their business in order to generate new revenue opportunities.
● Assist Global Head of Sales and Marketing, Marketing Services with key market performance data and functional updates of DerbySoft’s Digital Marketing Platform for industry presentations, customer conferences, webinars, etc
● Identify emerging trends within the digital space and look at how these can be translated into opportunities for technical and commercial development
● Assist in developing the MetaSearch Marketing Services product offering by communicating customer needs to the Product Management team in order for them to translate those needs into enhancements and new product ideas and ultimately, into revenue opportunities
Experience and Skills
● University/College Degree and a minimum of 5 years work experience in digital marketing, travel and/or hospitality
● Background in and understanding of digital marketing. Knowledge of travel/hospitality distribution is also desirable
● Fluent in written and spoken English and Japanese.
- Flexibility of work schedule and ability to adapt working hours of both internationally based colleagues and customers. Flexibility to travel for conferences, sales meetings and last-minute travel as needed.
- Creative problem solver with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Independent and self-disciplined approach to market analysis, seeking product updates, training and communicating commercial opportunities to both internal peers and external customers
- Nurtures peer to peer relationships by recognizing how to translate complex solutions from the technology group into simple and recognizable benefits for both the Sales Team and prospective customers
- Ability to use technical knowledge and experience, incorporating functional skills and broad-based business knowledge to meet and exceed job requirements.
● Ability to adapt quickly to new technologies, products and procedures. Ability to work and thrive in a multi-tasked and fast-paced environment
● A robust network of contacts and relationships in the digital advertising and/or hospitality industries
● Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills with a demonstrable history of building lasting, professional relationships
● Strong business development skills and a proven track record
- Opportunity analysis
- Relationship building
- Marketing research
- Digital marketing campaigns
- Business analysis
Salary is negotiable