Translations Project Manager (remote)
- Translation, Localization, Interpretation Jobs
- Management (incl. project, product management & human resources)
As Translation Project Manager you will oversee all aspects of the project, including estimation of costs, negotiating with suppliers, setting deadlines, assigning responsibilities, monitoring, and reporting on the progress. You will need to ensure coordination and timely completion of all projects assigned to you, within scope, and according to high-quality standards.
ELC group offers remote work opportunities. You do not need to be located near an ELC office to apply for this position, we welcome applicants from all locations. Those who have experience in translation/localization project management have a distinctive advantage!
- Generate quotations for clients, negotiate rates and deadlines with suppliers.
- Coordinate production with translators, proofreaders, in-country clients reviewers, typesetter, and customer service representatives.
- Keep salesperson/customer service representative up to date at all times via Status Reports.
- Keep all databases up to date at all times and maintain accurate records of all costs.
- Ensure all translation projects have properly enforced quality control according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Assign and review the tasks and assess needs for additional information, e.g. compilation of glossaries, previously translated similar documents, list of acronyms, technical terminology, and translation memories.
- For current clients, research previous translation teams and reference material to ensure consistency.
- Identify issues and implement process improvements.
- Previous experience in translation services is preferred.
- Fluency in English is a must.
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Acrobat, html, xml).
- Tech-savvy, good knowledge of Trados and Computer Aided Translation (CAT) tools.
- Ability to prioritise while handling multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment.
- Ability to communicate accurately detailed instructions to multilingual vendors.
- Detail and service-oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Microsoft Office
- Cross-functional collaboration
- Deliverable management
- Time management
- Attention to detail
Salary is negotiable