German & Japanese speaking Video Games Translator
- Translation, Localization, Interpretation Jobs
The client is a world-leading media and entertainment production, delivering many recognised consumer brands to the global market place.
To work as part of their global translation and editing team they wish to recruit a German and Japanese speaking Translator. The typical job responsibilities will include:
- - Translation and proofreading of a wide variety of computer games-related material, such as in-game text, templates, press releases, and all other marketing materials in the language of expertise.
- - Ensuring consistency regarding the use of terminology and style in the language of expertise.
- - Lead and support projects as required
- - Support localisation specialists/editing team/coordinators as required
- - Collaborate with other languages in order to keep a high level of standards/quality across all languages
CANDIDATE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- - German to mother tongue standard as well as excellent Japanese ( Japanese Proficiency Test Level 1 or equivalent) and fluent English
- - Experience as a professional translator (not necessarily as a computer game translator, but the gaming experience is desirable)
- - Proficient in MS Office Package, especially in Excel
- - Knowledge of translation memory software, in particular, MemoQ is a plus
- - Creative writing style
- Knowledge of local culture for language of expertise
- Great attention to details
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure with unpredictable schedules and tight deadlines
- Good team-player
- Microsoft Office
- Advanced Excel Skills (queries, pivot tables, formulas, macros)
- Cutural expertise
- Proofreading and editing skills
- Time management
- Work well under pressure
- Attention to detail
SALARY, BENEFITS AND WORKING HOURS
- Negotiable, approx. £28,000 - £32,000 + 20%-40% bonus scheme (another £8,000 - £12,000) and fantastic benefits.
- Monday - Friday, normal office hours, inhouse
The job will be a 12 month fixed term contract (possible for a permanent job after)