- Marketing and PR, Advertising and Creative Media Jobs
Working in the Production Coordonation Department team, you will be based in Amsterdam. You will be responsible for the grammar and style quality of all IBFD publications, published on paper as well as online. The PCD team consists of 19 people, including a coordinator. Each PCD staff member works in close cooperation with the other members of the PCD and EPD (Electronic Publications Department) teams and with all internal and external authors and editors. As a PCD staff member you will (linguistically) edit most of our publications, which are written in English and concern international taxation, and (linguistically) edit our marketing material. Further, you will occasionally work in XML and check the layout of our online, electronic and paper products.
- Linguistic editing, proofreading, correcting and preparing for publication of online and printed text;
- Online publishing of journal articles, updates of databases and books;
- Checking print proofs of books, journals and promotional material; checking online publications and eBooks;
- Monitoring deadlines in consultation with responsible editors and coordinator;
- Applying and monitoring IBFD house style and maintaining consistency of text and layout of IBFD publications and promotional material.
- Excellent command of the English language;
- A university degree in English (preferred) or another language;
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in linguistic editing of English texts;
- Familiarity with graphical terms would be an advantage;
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook and Excel);
- Affinity with legal or tax terminology would be a plus.
- Microsoft Office
- Advanced language knowledge
- Proofreading and editing skills
- Team player
- Strong work ethic
- Work well under pressure
- 8% holiday pay;
- Flexibility with 5.44% Personal Budget (individual choice to buy up to 13 days extra paid holiday per year or receive an end-of-year bonus);
- Pension free of premium.
Salary & fringe benefits
We offer a position for 37 hours per week with a salary, depending on background and relevant work experience, between EUR 3,000 and EUR 3,300 gross per month on a full-time basis.