Freelance Localizer & Copywriter - Norwegian
- IT, Software development, System Engineering Jobs
Do you have a strong passion for travel, dining and language? Please keep reading!
We are looking for a creative Norwegian Localization Specialist (freelance) to work on the localization and transcreation of our marketing content and products. You will be working for our different brands, mainly KAYAK and OpenTable, and will contribute to exciting projects such as new product features and marketing initiatives. We aspire to have a workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams, we produce more creative ideas and products as well as better outcomes for our collaborators.
If you are as passionate about localization as we are, you’re exactly who we’re looking for!
Join our dedicated team of distributed localizers to help travelers and diners discover, book and enjoy the best places in the world.
Check out our insider tips for becoming a Localization Freelancer at KAYAK / OpenTable here.
- Provide commercial and creative translations from English to Norwegian for our products (websites and apps), to appeal to the target market and with an eye to our brands
- Transcreate content for landing pages, blogs, newsletters, SEO pages, social media copy and other marketing content and promotional materials
- Run linguistic quality and functionality checks (LQA) and increase engagement with the local audience
- Maintain and update language-specific tools such as the style guide and glossary
- We expect a lower workload in the beginning, with the potential for more work in the future, depending on upcoming projects and availability within the team
- Native speaker of Norwegian (required)
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in English
- Localization / translation experience
- Creative translation / copywriting skills
- SEO experience is a plus
- LQA (linguistic quality assurance) experience
- Training or education in a relevant field (communication, marketing, translation, linguistics, or similar)
- Ability to learn new tools and technical procedures quickly and effectively
- Enjoys working with a variety of tasks, and capable of independently handling workflows, information and processes for different types of projects
- Advanced language knowledge