Bilingual Communications Specialist
- Legal Jobs
- Marketing and PR, Advertising and Creative Media Jobs
- Management (incl. project, product management & human resources)
- Journalism Jobs
In this role, you will be supporting the Director, Clients and Markets on marketing and communication initiatives for the Québec Region.
As a Bilingual Communications Specialist, you will be:
Marketing and Communications
- Writing craft clear and crisp copy for French social media, press releases, website and intranet content, newsletters, articles, new hire announcements, fact sheets, deal summaries and other communication pieces.
- Developing and implement marketing communications plans to support firm objectives and engage both internal and external audiences, with oversight provided by the Director or Senior Manager, Clients and Markets.
- Responding to incoming media requests
- Proactively pitching media to meet Firm goals and objectives
- Drafting, copy-edit and proof internal/external communications as needed
- Providing lawyers and practice groups with advice and assistance regarding profile-building and effective marketing communications strategies and tactics.
- Staying current on the recent and cutting-edge marketing communications strategies and tactics, and proactively apply same.
Awards and Rankings
- Maintaining and improving McCarthy Tétrault’s reputation through the evaluation and participation in awards, rankings, publishing opportunities and other external recognitions.
- Developing reviews and recommendations related to awards, directories, publishing and other recognition opportunities, ensuring brand consistency and evaluating reputational impact of win.
- Working closely with other practices and industry leaders to prepare (research and write) the development of persuasive Firm, lawyer and client submissions to leading industry ranking and award organizations. Coordinating ranking research interviews and developing interview preparation sheets. Making edits to submissions and coordinating approvals as required.
- Assisting with communication plans including drafting news announcements related to directories and awards.
- Preparing and submitting directory listings, i.e. Global 100, Legal Alliance, Benefits and Pension Monitor, AML.
- Providing regional support as needed.
- Performing general research and administrative duties, as required.
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Bachelor Degree, ideally in Commerce, Marketing, Communications or Journalism.
- Bilingual with strong written and verbal business communication skills in both French and English
- Minimum of 5-7 years related work experience, ideally in a law firm, professional services firm, or other complex matrix organization.
- Exceptional project management and content management abilities.
- High level of organizational awareness and proven ability to work in high performing, multi-stakeholder and diverse environments.
- Exceptional writing, editing and proofreading (quality management) skills.
- Adept at working in a project managed and high performing environment, bringing best practices and fresh thinking to our marketing approach, and ensuring content is well managed and leveraged to help increase efficiency.
- Ability to work independently and as part of an integrated national (firm-wide).
- Experience communicating in a professional capacity via a variety of social media channels is required.
- Cross-functional collaboration
- Best practice development
- Advanced writing skills
- Proofreading and editing skills
- Team player
Salary is negotiable