- Marketing and PR, Advertising and Creative Media Jobs
We are looking for a dynamic and proactive Proofreading Manager to join our team at McCann Manchester.
- Leading the Proofreading team for the agency, organising their daily workflow.
- Checking (and editing as appropriate) all written text during the production process.
- Providing final quality checks on all completed materials to make sure that that they maintain high quality standards.
- Ensuring editorial and grammatical accuracy, consistency and a high degree of quality, plus adherence to brand standards across all advertising and marketing materials.
- Operating as an authority on spelling, grammar and vocabulary within the agency.
- Questioning anything that may not be clear or apparent to the intended consumer.
You'll be able to demonstrate:
- Prior line management experience and staff mentoring and development skills.
- Strong proofreading and copyediting skills.
- A critical eye for detail and high levels of concentration.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities.
- The ability to work across both print and digital channels.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- The ability to work to deadlines.
- Advanced writing skills
- Proofreading and editing skills
- A competitive financial and benefits package and a culture ideally suited to those who enjoy pursuing personal career development.
- The opportunity to work within the largest integrated agency in the UK, in stunning surroundings, with specialist departments including, animation, video production, planning, digital creative and development and social media.
- An outstanding working environment that really is hard to beat. Based on an 8 acre site, the four main buildings form a campus that includes a subsidised Bistro, free car parking, free access to an onsite gym and an outdoor heated pool (for when the weather gets warmer!).