Amharic to English Translator
- Translation, Localization, Interpretation Jobs
Join Productive Playhouse as an Amharic to English Translator
Productive Playhouse is seeking Amharic to English translators to participate in a large-scale translation project with short turnaround times.
We are looking for translators and interpreters with near-expert knowledge of English and solid experience either in consecutive translation or written translation with short turnaround times. The candidates must have solid English grammar skills and must be able to follow a set of given format guidelines to produce the end document.
What We Do:
Productive Playhouse offers extensive language services, including transcription, translation, and audio collection in a wide variety of languages around the world. We have been expanding our client roster and the services we provide and now need to expand staff in many areas.
Some details about the work itself:
This project consists of translating videos from Amharic to English with between 6 to 24-hour turn-around times. Start times may vary, including overnight if you are overseas. Videos may contain sensitive content and employees may opt-out from translating/watching at any time.
Project volumes will vary, and we are not able to guarantee a minimum amount of work. As part of this team, you would indicate your availability for certain times, during which you may receive a request for work. We expect to have a number of different assignments over the coming months, and we hope you’ll consider becoming part of our special projects team!
- Professional translation and interpretation experience strongly preferred
- Solid computer / Internet skills
- Solid grammar/orthography and punctuation of the English language. You will be required to take a test
- Responsiveness/access to email
- Web search skills
- Ability to onboard within two weeks
- If you are located in the US, these are the states that we currently cannot hire from: Alaska, Delaware, Idaho, Louisiana, South Dakota, Washington D.C., West Virginia, and Wyoming.
- On call
- Translation: 1 year (Preferred)
- Advanced language knowledge
- Time management
- Attention to detail
- Paid training
- Ability to work remotely
- Competitive pay: $32 per hour