Brand & Content Writer
- Marketing and PR, Advertising and Creative Media Jobs
What You’ll Do
- Represent our listeners by actively practicing and evangelizing customer-centric thinking.
Own all marketing and product copy, including but not limited to:
- Social media posts
- Radio ads
- Blog articles
- Mobile push notifications
- Search and performance marketing descriptions
- Dotcom website copy
- In-app headlines, feature tips, and onboarding instructions
- Partner with marketing, product, and sales colleagues to develop a consistent voice, tone, and taxonomy for TuneIn.
- Utilize customer feedback to guide your work and demonstrate its effectiveness.
- Help improve and implement processes, resources, and standards for writing at TuneIn.
- Be an active and available peer mentor and contributor to our positive, inclusive, and collaborative team culture.
What We’re Looking For
- You excel at using language to build great customer experiences that bring meaning to our digital products.
- You are passionate about voice and tone.
- You have a background in building and utilizing style guides.
- You have excellent communication skills and thrive in a team environment.
- You have a vanguard spirit and are always coming up with new ideas for compelling content in a variety of formats: videos, articles, audio spots, social media, and more.
- You write with clarity and purpose, sometimes under pressure, within constraints. You are flexible enough to apply your skill to a variety of problems – from content strategy to voice and tone.
- You value research and data, oftentimes coming prepared with strategies and creativity that will resonate with our target market. If ideas don’t work, you iterate with care and confidence.
- You have the ability to track the effects of your work across multiple teams, and proactively manage issues and complexity.
- You bring energy, passion, and empathy to all your interactions with the team, and expect the same in return. You understand the value and strength of creating within a community that’s diverse in perspective and experience.
- Native English speaker or Full Proficiency in speaking English.
- 5+ years of proven marketing and product-related writing preferably with experience working for consumer brands.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently, with little or no supervision.
- Ability to multitask, with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must be able to present work with confidence and clarity.
- Comfort with direct feedback and taking an iterative approach to your work.
- Capable of running with ideas with only minimal direction.
- An appetite to deeply understand the business, strategy, and charter of the teams you support.
- Experience writing for tech/media/entertainment industries is a plus.
- Passion for audio – regular consumer of audio content.
- Knowledge of streaming audio landscape.
- Experience working directly with designers.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within TuneIn. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunities to excel.
Every member of our design team at TuneIn has the opportunity to grow and advance their career, within a supportive, caring team of peers and managers.
We believe in the power of connecting listeners to the voices they love, and the impact audio can have on each individual listener we serve.
As a Brand & Content Writer, you will be at the center of TuneIn’s brand – you will own its expression in words, across all touchpoints in marketing communications and product experiences. As part of TuneIn’s design team, you will work side-by-side with a diverse group of talented and passionate designers and researchers, crafting experiences that delight and meet customer needs. You will also collaborate with product, marketing, and sales teams as a strategic and creative thought partner. Lastly, as a leader of your own discipline, you will be given the opportunity to define the writing practice at TuneIn and contribute to its evolution. You will report directly to the Head of Design.
- Social media platforms
- Customer relations
- Digital marketing campaigns
- Social media marketing (SMM)
- Branding (Online Brand Identity)
- Marketing plan development
- Content Creation and Management
- Advanced language knowledge
- Advanced writing skills
- Time management
- Work well under pressure