- Telecommunication, Call Centre, Customer Service Jobs
- IT, Software development, System Engineering Jobs
Bitwala offers the world’s first all-in-one platform combining a regular bank account, crypto wallets, and seamless Bitcoin & Ethereum trading options. Our customers can easily buy and sell Bitcoin & Ether - whether online or mobile - with fast liquidity directly from their bank account.
We're looking for a QA Engineer to join our Engineering Chapter! In this position, you will work as part of a squad team within the Bitwala Engineering Chapter. Your aim is to improve the quality and speed of our development and release processes.
In addition, you'll also be responsible for coaching, mentoring and onboarding new developers as well as interviewing and reviewing coding challenges for potential candidates.
- Advanced knowledge in Web- and Mobile automation testing frameworks and practices
- Sufficient proven experience of API-based testing tools (e.g. Postman, SoapUI etc) and Automation testing services (e.g. AWS Device Farm)
- Hands-on mentality: people know you as a proactive problem-solver, who is not afraid to take ownership and accountability
- You are fluent in English and are known for your team collaboration skills
- You interested in crypto and blockchain, and want to join our mission to become the world's first leading crypto bank. E**xperience in Crypto and/or blockchain is not a requirement
You'll be working on:
- Reducing manual testing and automating as much testing as is practically possible and viable
- Driving the ongoing development and maintenance of our automation test frameworks
- Promoting testing best-practices within the Engineering chapter
- Providing training and support around QA activities
- Investigating and reporting on test failures and bugs; and
- Carrying out manual testing where required
In addition, you'll be driving the QA function of the Engineering chapter by:
- Promoting best practices around test automation and manual testing
- Ensuring that the overall development and release process follows best-practice testing guidelines
- Implementing systems and strategies to improve the quality and speed of our development and release processes
- Working with the chapter to define acceptable test metrics (for example metrics around unit test and automation test coverage etc)
- Tracking and reporting on bugs, incidents, and other QA metrics
- Analyzing and investigating test failures and bugs
- Writing and executing test plans/scenarios including carrying out a manual, exploratory, and UAT testing
- Assisting with the investigating and testing of production incidents
- Reviewing technical designs for development work to ensure that proposed work follows testing best practices
- Following up on production bugs and incidents to ensure that fixes also include automated tests
Lastly, you'll also get hands-on experience growing other great engineers in your team, by:
- Coaching and mentoring existing and new QA Engineers and Developers in our testing processes and frameworks.
- Onboarding new QA Engineers by providing assistance and helping them with their technical onboarding plan.
- Reviewing coding challenges for potential QA Engineers and providing documented feedback.
- Carrying out technical interviews with potential QA Engineers and providing documented feedback.
- Operating Systems
- Quantitative/Qualitative Data Analysis
- Software development
- Skilled Collaborator
- To work on a meaningful, and innovative crypto-banking products to add real added value to our customers lives
- A competitive salary, and 30 holidays including December 24th and 31st.
- Working with the latest technology (check our stack here) along with an agile environment to work as efficiently as possible
- Having the great opportunity to be working with passionate, knowledgeable, and experienced people where your opinion is being highly valued
- High team autonomy to make a significant impact at Bitwala
- Flexible working hours, either from our new modern office in Kreuzberg, from home or even remotely
- M-Membership for Urban Sports Club to enjoy hundreds of indoor, outdoor and wellness activities as well as live classes in Berlin
- German language courses up until C2 level
- Keep up-to-date with bi-weekly company meetings and regular TGIF’s to get to know your co-workers, not to forget our annual company trips