Membership Sales Representative
- Sales, Business Development, Business Consulting
- Marketing and PR, Advertising and Creative Media Jobs
- Market Research, Research Jobs
Did you know that 103 million people in the United States watched the biggest football game of the year? Or that 93% of U.S. adults 18 and older listen to radio every week? Here at Nielsen, we produce that data! For over 70 years, our Radio and Television Ratings have played a significant role in providing key information to media and advertising companies.
Our secret recipe for producing the Ratings is to marry technology with people. In order to do that, we have hundreds of Field Sales Representatives across the country recruiting people to participate in our Ratings panels. We are looking for passionate, persuasive and outgoing people to join our teams across the country.
Nielsen follows CDC guidelines for COVID. This position is a combination of phone and in field work. Nielsen will provide you with the (PPE) “Personal Protective Equipment” needed to be protected in the Field.
About this job:
In this position you will be creating, building, and maintaining relationships with our future Nielsen Families. Field Sales Representatives make what we do at Nielsen possible. The Nielsen Families they recruit help us obtain the valuable information that fuels our business and provides information to the world.
A little bit about you
You are a people person. You are friendly, enthusiastic, communicate with ease, and enjoy helping others. You have never met a stranger and you view this position as an opportunity to meet many new people. The friendly energy you have makes you approachable and easy to talk with. Office job? No, thank you! You enjoy challenging yourself and trying something new. You know how to set objectives, adapt to new situations, and work hard to achieve your goals.
Qualifications & Requirements:
· Minimum High School Diploma/GED with 1-2 years equivalent work or related volunteer experience
· Experience in customer service and/or sales
· Ability to work with a non-traditional schedule, including evenings and weekends
· Have a valid driver’s license, car insurance, and satisfactory driving record
· Strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently
· Bilingual language skill is a plus
As a Field Sales Representative, you will:
· Approach randomly selected households to recruit Nielsen Families and get them excited about participating
· Conduct in-person interviews with Nielsen Families to ensure they meet established criteria
· Work a non traditional schedule in the field that includes nights and weekends
- Customer relations
- Relationship building
- Marketing research
- Cross-cultural sales background
- Decision maker
In addition to a really cool career, what are the benefits?
We offer all the benefits you’d expect from an industry-leading company, but at Nielsen, we strive to bring all of the pieces together and focus on the “Whole You.” From health & wellness programs to time off to stock ownership, we want our associates to have a healthy, rewarding, balanced and meaningful experience—both at work and in life. Our comprehensive benefits package is effective day one of employment and includes a company car and pay for performance bonus.
About the Team:
Nielsen Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. At the core of our data is our Field & Call Center associates, who connect and build personal relationships with consumers to collect data on TV, Radio, and Digital Device consumption.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.